Caps have history attached to it. And it is beyond fashion. Caps are a quintessential and integral part of the sport of baseball. Even now, a baseball player on the field is sure to wear a cap. It is a part of the uniform. Speaking of uniforms, some schools for various sports like polo, baseball, etc. advise their kids to wear a cap as a part of the costume. It may not necessarily be a baseball cap, but a variation of the cap. Some companies have their blue-collared employees uniform comprising of a cap too. So, from a game to costumes, to fashion, we have transcended in terms of using the baseball cap.
Young, old, children, labor, athletes, drivers, so many people wear caps. In this article, we will try to put forth the various types of baseball caps and tips about how to wear it and style it
Kinds Of Baseball Caps
The trucker caps are a specific type of mesh caps that the truck drivers generally wear. It, however, does not add as a fashion statement as the mesh may not look appropriate with all outfits.
It is a classic baseball cap. It is structured well and has a flat peak. You will usually find one of the baseball team names written on the face of these caps. It gets its name from the snap closure of the cap, which is at its back. They make the caps out of cotton, wool, or any other material. However, the snap at the caps’ end out of plastic.
The premium brands make this type of caps. They are a little at the high end in pricing as well as in its fabric quality type. The premium caps may or may not be baseball caps. Details are essential in premium caps.
As the name suggests, a fitted cap is the one that fits you perfectly. This cap, unlike other types of hat, does not come with adjustable straps. So, while you are buying a fitted hat that is strapless, make sure it fits you well. The referees generally wear it on the field.
The make of this cap is similar to the snapback caps. However, what differentiates this cap is the non-plastic strap of it. They make strapback caps out of cotton, wool, nylon, and other materials. We see women carrying it off effortlessly when they pair it up with a pair of jeans and essential t-shirts.
Tips Regarding How To Wear A Baseball Cap
- Do not wear the cap sideways or backward. Toddlers wear caps sideways. If the visor of the cap is blocking you from doing something, you can wear the cap backward, otherwise, avoid it. Some people think it looks cool, but that is just in their head.
- Do not always go for fancy caps. A basic block colored print-less hat (or a minimal print) looks better than the printed and fancy ones. Less is more in caps. Block colors a
- Make sure you have pulled off the sticker from the cap.
- Make your hair in a way that you don’t mess it up later in the day if you are going to wear the cap all day long.
- Always check the fit of the cap. Avoid wearing loose or tight hats. It should fit the snug on your head.
- Be sure to make your cap clean. Wash it when necessary. Know how to wash your hat (and if it is washable).
You are now well equipped with tips and information about how to rock this timeless gear – the cap on you. Go ahead, and enjoy wearing it.